Court halts proposed NLC, TUC national demonstration

By Ezenwa Obinna Stephen

images
Pc. Dailypost

The National Industrial Court has today issued an injunction restraining the Nigerian Labour Congress from embarking on their proposed strike, slated for Wednesday. The Federal Government was said to have dragged the NLC nd TUC to court on tuesday.

Abubaka Malami (SAN), who is also the Attorney General of the Federation led the FG team before the industrial court presided over by Babatunde Adejumo. When asked by the presiding judge, how the AGF knew the NLC was planning to go on strike, Malami said he saw a statement issued by the labour union on their website and that the statement had been published by the media.

Meanwhile, on monday, the Federal Government and labour unions were in a meeting which ended in a deadlock, as both parties refused to shift grounds.

©2016
CoNnect Media House

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s